How to Prepare for PSUs?
- PSU’s entrance Exam Question Paper mainly consists of two major sections:
- Technical Section: Subject Specialization of related stream
- Non-Technical Section: general Awareness, current affairs, English language , Reasoning & Aptitude.
Hence to crack PSU competitive exam, candidate should prepare for both technical and non-technical sections, where 50% to 70% questions are from technical and remaining questions from non-technical sections.
- Be aware of exam pattern of different PSU’s like number of technical questions, number of non-technical questions, negative marking, exam duration, marks per question etc.
- Always make it a habit of referring to previous year question papers.
- Adopt Reference books for derivations, equations, conceptual thought process, theory etc.
- Short Cut Techniques: Traditional methods to solve numerical problems is a time taking process, try to adopt short cut techniques to save the time.
- Practice previous year question paper and analyze in which topics you are weak and concentrate more on those topics. Always try to solve the papers in given time limit to obtain the idea that how many questions you are able to solve in given time limits.
- Group discussion Round: group discussion is a crucial round conducted for shortlisted candidates. Good communication skills, topic knowledge, team spirit, leadership qualities, patience level are the major parameters to be considered.
- Personal interview: sound technical knowledge, positive attitude, body language, good communication skills play an important role to clear personal interviews.